Rachel Freeman-- 03/14 Class Reflection
Yesterday's presentation of chapter 7 of Dr. Redick's book was insightful, emotional, and truly inspirational. Not only did Dr. Redick spend years of his life dedicating himself to our country, but he turned away from a lifestyle that many people do not recover from, overcame the statistics of veteran suicide, homelessness, and severe mental and physical health disorders, and transformed his life into one that truly reflects his values and nature. What I think is most important is how he used what's in our own backyard to create his own path of healing, his genuine energy in describing his experience in this journey, and his passion for bringing this possibility to other veterans through his research. As someone who plans to commission as an officer in the US Army upon graduation, I often struggle with the unimaginable ways it will affect my life later on. While I don't plan on joining any combat arms branches within the service, it is a career choice that is truly so...
Comments
Post a Comment